Explanation of Service – Small and large organizations alike benefit from having a seasoned marketing executive participate as a virtual member of your team. Whether your company is in a business lifecycle phase where you don’t yet have a CMO, marketing vice president, director or manager – or you need a proven marketing professional to lead your marketing effort during a transition, the Virtual CMO is a great solution.
Tasks and Tactics –
- Participate in weekly executive staff meetings
- Marketing plan creation & management
- Evaluate & make changes/improvements to existing marketing program
- Identify marketing strategies & tactics most likely to deliver the highest ROI
- Work with other company heads, such as sales or product development, to ensure marketing strategy is aligned with company and other department goals
- Manage in-house & outside marketing assets
Deliverables to be Provided –
The Virtual CMO will provide ongoing representation & services typical of an individual leading a marketing program. Due to the dynamic nature of this service package, the deliverables will be jointly agreed upon & may include some of the following:
- Review & audit report of existing marketing program, complete with recommendations
- Market Landscape Assessment
- Review of marketing strategies, including Product, Price, Distribution Model & Promotion Program
- Branding & Key Messaging Review
- Marketing plan & execution
- Management of existing marketing resources
- Participation in regular executive staff meetings, board meetings, company meetings, etc.
- Representative to media, analysts, etc.
Purpose and Utilization of Deliverables –
The service package is designed to fulfill an unmet need in the leadership of a company’s marketing program, in a broad or narrow way. For organizations with these needs, the service is designed to perform these duties on a temporary or longer-term basis to ensure marketing program investment is reaching its highest potential.